Monday, June 02, 2008

Hangin' with Kristi

So I've mentioned that I flew out with Joseph to visit my friend Kristi. I get to go almost once a year. This was my 3rd time since we moved away 4 years ago. Chad is so good to give me that chance while he stays with the kids.


Kristi is one of those rare people who can boost you up and make you laugh and help you put things into perspective. She laughs at my sarcastic jokes and takes my teasing good naturedly. Kristi is the person at parades that yells until she loses her voice. I would never do that, but why should I if Kristi will do it for me? Her husband is fun to talk to and joke around with, too. Her oldest son is nearly perfect and makes my kids look like heathens. It's no wonder I like to go out and visit!

So the first night I get there is late - especially after the planes were delayed. What's the first thing we do? We headed straight for Burgerville and a fresh strawberry shake with about a pound of whip cream on top. (I never said Kristi was good for weight loss.) We went back to her house and visited far into the night.

I'd like to say I slept like I was on vacation, but I had Joseph. Chad got the vacation sleep. I got a baby who woke up at least every two hours because he wasn't in his own bed. So I was kind of tired the next morning, but it didn't stop us. We went shopping, drove by my old house (they're letting the yard go to weeds!), and talked, talked, talked. That night we had Thai food for dinner and ate until we just about popped. Kristi even ventured out of her comfort zone and tried some spicy food! gasp! She liked it! I don't expect her to get some again before I make my next visit, but at least she knows it's good. (To be fair, I wouldn't be trying it either if I hadn't had to eat on my mission.)

The next night was another restless night (thanks, Joseph). Kristi made waffles for breakfast. We made a run to Wal-Mart (good old Wal-Mart), checked out a new store where I bought shoes for Chad (he discovered that the shoes he was wearing had been peed in by one of the cats) and t-shirts for the kids, and stopped by Burgerville one last time before she dropped me off at the airport (sniff, sniff).


As I was flying away, I realized that I hadn't taken any pictures of the two of us! What a pea-brain. At least I got one of the babies.


It was a great visit. Too bad it had to end!

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great trip. Thanks for sharing. We all need a friend like her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw shucks Arlyn, you're a real gem. :) I had a blast too. Your sarcastic humor is rare. I just love it. My only complaint about the whole visit is that it was TOO short! Only you could get me to try something spicy. Colgate toothpaste is spicy to me. Yikes! It was good though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool!

    We all need that one girlfriend who makes you laugh like there's no one watching, the one you can eat like pig in front of, go bra-less and talk till the cows come home. I'm so glad you have that with Kristi! And I think it rocks you make a point to go once a year-that's just WAY AWESOME!

    Cheers to great friends :)

    ReplyDelete