Sunday, June 29, 2008

Holy Cow!

Let me just say that Tuesday was a nasty day. I had invited a woman and her 4-year-old daughter over to play so that we could get to know them better. When she gets here to play, Leah says she doesn't want to play! Great. I'm already embarrassed. (This is the same moment that Chad and his partner are outside with a .22. Read the next post for that info.)

We went downstairs and visited for the next 2 hours.

Daniel was BEASTLY. He was naughty with a grin. I wanted to strangle him. He tried to steal my seat when I got up. He grabbed a chunk of my cheek and shook my face. When I sent him to his room, he sat on the stairs and made me count to three. (Oddly enough, that worked. I can't understand why it does. It's not like I'm going to think of anything new when I get to three!)

He next came downstairs with a set of blinds that had come down earlier that day. I sent him BACK to his room and he came down about 10 minutes later with several of the slats from the blinds CUT OFF!!!! Why is he doing this to me? I'm sure this woman thought I was a very ineffective parent to have such horrid child. OH, the things I could have done to that child if there wasn't a witness nearby!

So as our visitors are leaving, the kids say, "Mommy, there's cows in the front yard!" By this time I've really run out of patience and don't want to deal with any more cheeky children. But sure enough, there were two young calves in the front corner of our yard! So I called Chad to brainstorm with him what to do. Meanwhile, two teenagers are driving around the area already working on that task and do locate the owner. He's had it with these two troublesome calves and offers to sell them. Right about that time, Chad pulls up. So we bought two calves! As far as I can tell, they are both female. They are still skittish and hard get real close to. The guy that sold them to us didn't ever bother to check.

Here are the 2 runaways. They've been named (unofficially) Rose and Peony...in honor of the flowers they crushed when they rested in my front yard.















So now our farm consists of cows, lambs, chicks (growing so quickly), rabbits, cats and a dog. We have other unwelcome pests. (Read on.)


















We are seeing some growth in our garden. We're mostly seeing weeds growing, but we're out there nearly every morning to work on it, so it shouldn't get too bad.















My dad came for a visit on Thursday. He came to Daniel's PeeWee Family Night. The kids love it when Grandpa Peterson visits!















I even participated in the game. Chad got a picture of me in all my glory. If you're truly interested, you can see a page I scrapbooked with it here.

1 comment:

  1. My kids do the same thing when people they dont know well are at my house. I can't stand it. I look like a horrible mom. Nice Cows! Your chicks are getting big! Cute layout at sunshine! Nice butt shot!!!

    ReplyDelete