Sunday, June 01, 2008

Post-poned due to illness

We have post-poned Daniel's birthday party due to the fact that ALL 7 of us are sick. Yes. The timing is great. My throat is raw from coughing, but my stomach is getting a good workout. Even little Joseph started coughing during the night. I slept sitting up. The girls were coughing so badly in their sleep that it sounded like someone was really choking them. (It was the worst sound.) Rebekah has had diarrhea for 6 days. If she still has it today, we're up to 7.

We were at a family reunion last weekend when Rebekah became the first victim to these germs. I wonder if anyone else ended up sick?

I haven't been really sick (if you exclude morning sickness which is a form of torture in it's own category) in years. I hope this one will do me for a long time.

We're taking a "sick day" from church today.

3 comments:

  1. so0 sorry hoping for speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I hope you all get better soon. As for the party I got your message and we will plan on the next week. And for the diarea. I had it for weeks one time and the Dr said to go on the BRAT diet and it would help me mend. B bannana R rice A Applesauce T toast. Also all to drink is water and Gatoraide. It worked wonders for me the first day. good luck! I would offer to help you with something but I am NOT catching it! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOHHHHHH NNNNNNOOOOOOO!

    I'm so sorry! I hate it when everyone is so sick. But in a way it's a blessing. It could be drawn out for weeks as each child got the bug. {Trying to look for the positives!}

    I hope your sweet family survives alright and is healthy soon.

    ReplyDelete