Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jackie, Jackie, Jackie

I don't know what a typical life span for an imaginary friend is. The older 4 kids never had one (although Daniel was certain there was a tiger under his bed for a while).

I do know that I'm ready for Jackie to find a new family to love him. According to reports, Jackie has done everything from growing up to be a daddy to dieing to having a birthday party and inviting Joseph. It's hard to know what to expect from Jackie.

And now Joseph wants to visit Jackie at his house (again). I finally had to tell Joseph that Jackie didn't have a house because he was a pretend friend. Maybe you can imagine how that went over. I got an earful for that remark.

Sometimes I forget that Joseph is only 3 because of some of the things he says and does. But there are plenty of tantrums and silly moments to keep me from forgetting for too long.

I was beginning to regret teaching him the proper word for his boy part. It's sure coming up in a lot of conversations. But maybe that would have been the case no matter when he learned it!

Coincidentally, Daniel is finishing up 5th grade and recently survived "The Talk" (maturation) in school. He didn't want to talk about it when he got home. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment