Monday, May 23, 2011

Compositions

Nathan has been cleaning out his desk and has a few funny things he's written. Here are several from one notebook.

How I Help at Home is helping out in the kitchen. I set the table, wipe the table, do the dishes, or sweep. But sometimes I forget to do my job.

(I can vouch for that last statement.)

I made someone feel better when my little sister, Sarah was crying. Sometimes I help my little brother. Sometimes I can't help them because I have to do other stuff.

(Other stuff, like sitting on the couch, I'm guessing.)

My favorite thing about trees is that I can climb them. At my house there is four trees that I can climb. Except I don't like the ants.

(I don't like the ants, either.)

My home is big, but not too big. My room is mostly clean but sometimes it isn't. I wish my attic was one that I could go in. Sometimes my home annoys me.

(Sometimes it annoys me, too. Anyone know anyone who wants to buy it? And I'd like to argue that comment about his room being mostly clean.)

I could teach someone to ride their bike. I teach three people. But one of them are not old enough yet.

(Bike riding lessons anyone?)

A Person I Admire is my Brother. Because he gets gets to have everything that I want to have. But sometimes he is really rude.

(I'm not sure he understands the fine line between admiration and jealousy. But he's right about that rude stuff.)

I would do the running part. Because I like running and I couldn't do anything else. But I would only do it if I HAD to be in a talent show.

(I have my own aversion to talent shows.)

I didn't think I could ever ride a bike. At first I was a little wobbly. When I was finally better I still had a problem. I couldn't control my brakes, I kept running into my dad's truck. But now I can.

(Yes, that is a problem!)

My favorite season is Summer, because I don't have to go to school. I kind of like Fall, but I get to play outside more in the Summer. I like Summer because I get to eat ice cream.

(Ice cream is often the final decision maker for me, too!)

The most important person I konw is my dad, because he is the one that fixes the bathroom. Sometimes I help him.

(The bathroom is very important in our house!)


I hope you got a little chuckle. Nathan is a funny kid. Here is how he described himself, using the letters of his name:
Nice
Artistic
Tiny
Happy
Awsome
Noisy

No comments:

Post a Comment