Monday, May 09, 2011

Compositions

I've been saving several papers from Nathan and Daniel's school work. Because I saved, but didn't share, my stack is now pretty big. I'll share them with over the next little while, starting now with one from Nathan. When I first read this one, I asked him if he wrote it himself or only copied for handwriting practice.

He assured me he wrote it himself, with guidelines/required elements from his teacher.



My Favorite Place
by Nathan Collett

I like the forest.
I like the forest, because I like to see the tall trees towering over me, and the long branches stretching over the sky.
I like to lay in the soft, brown, warm dirt and see the green leaves, and the colorful birds soaring through the sky.
I like to see the yummy fruits on the big plants.
I try to find out what kinds of strange animal trackes I can see.
(if there are any)
Except there's one thing that I don't like: SPIDERS!! They freak me out when they crawl on me!
Sometimes when I'm walking through the forest I hope I'll see a monkey, but I know I won't.
Sometimes when I'm walking through the forest I get very thirsty, and I just have to go get a drink.
So, I get a drink and go back to walking.

I love getting things like this crammed into the bottom of the boys' backpacks. :) What funny kids I have. And what makes this even more humorous is that we rarely make it to the "forest." Nathan has quite an imagination!

1 comment: