Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sleepy Sweetness

I wanted to share something sweet from a couple of days ago. (Let's see if I can just share something positive and tender about my children for once, shall we?)

I have a morning routine that gets me out of my bed about 6 AM to feed Sarah and then I put her back to bed. I sit in a rocking chair that's positioned between Sarah's crib and Joseph's toddler bed. Ninety percent of the time, Joseph sleeps through this whole activity that really only lasts 10 or 15 minutes.

Early Sunday (I think) morning, I was there as usual. I had my eyes mostly closed and my head bowed, but I really wasn't very prayerful - more like half conscious. I heard Joseph moving around in his bed and opened one eye to see what he was doing. He noticed us sitting there in his own half-conscious state, slipped his feet to the floor, reached way over to Sarah, rubbed her little head briefly, then climbed back into bed.

I smiled inside.

1 comment: