Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I'm confused

I really am. Summer vacation started today...May 25th is the first official day of no school. We have 3 full months of it to go.

Take a look at this weather forecast. Does this look like weather that we should be having the last week of May? I'm feeling more "first week of April" here.

We'll start our worksheets next week, but I'm still feeling really disoriented by the cold and rainy/snowy days. I keep reminding myself that this isn't Spring Break or a teacher workday. These kids are HOME!

My brain is waiting for the smells of summer...sun-warmed/fresh-cut grasses, warm rains, weeds fresh from the garden soil, etc. Only then will I stop standing in the middle of the room, in the middle of the day, wondering: Why are there so many kids in my house (and why is the biggest one involved in at least 3 different altercations at the same instant)?

No comments:

Post a Comment