Thursday, May 27, 2010

Guess who is 9 months old today!

Yeah, it's Sarah! She's 1/2 way to Nursery! Actually, that makes me sad. She hasn't become enough of a trouble during church to want to stick her in Nursery yet. Besides, I have a lot of people who offer to hold her for me during Relief Society, so it's all good.

Here is a shot of Sarah at bedtime tonight. That mark above her right eye is actually a small collection of bruises from hitting her head on the crib when she wants to get out. I had to take out the bumper pads because all she would do is pull them down and lie on them.


Here is Sarah at nap time today. I went in to wake her up so we could run some errands. I wish I could sleep so solidly!

I rubbed her back, but she didn't stir until I turned the air purifier off. (I learned on the plane ride to Chicago that Sarah sleeps really well with a loud noise in the room. I tried to find a reasonably priced white noise machine, but then realized that we already have something that is really noise...when it's turned up to 'turbo'.)

Sarah has really turned into a twisting, grunting, crawling creature. It has become rather difficult to change her diapers and dress her. I was trying to think of an analogy to illustrate what it's like to get pants on her, but all I could come up with was it's like trying to dress a wriggling baby! How clever is that? I did think that it would be easier to last 8 seconds on a rodeo bull, than to get her dressed!

She's started saying," mamama" and "dada" and "baba." It's very cute. Her fine motor skills are sharper every day as she finds the tiniest pieces of junk on the carpet to pick out and eat. She goes right past the safe baby toys, straight for the choking hazards. It's lots of fun.


Also napping today were Leah and Joseph. Leah was complaining that she was bored so I suggested she could take a nap with Joseph. At first she rejected my idea, but then decided to give it a try. They look cute!

1 comment:

  1. There is NOTHING better than a sleeping baby, unless it is THREE sleeping kids! Yeah for you!

    ReplyDelete