Monday, May 24, 2010

Canning jam

Because I was too pregnant to care last summer, we have run out of homemade jam. So when I saw some yummy-looking strawberries at Walmart Saturday, I decided to get off my lazy rear and make some jam.

It took over 4 hours and I got just over 4 pints of jam. Sarah slowed me down last year and she's at it again. This girl only has eyes for the tempting treats scattered under the dining room table. I wonder if she's old enough to be taught the story of the "Little Red Hen." Probably not...the older kids don't understand it either.

No jam for Sarah!

I have more batches to make with the crushed strawberries in the fridge, so we're not limited to the 4 pints, but I don't think Sarah's going to be any more cooperative in the coming days. Oh yeah, today is the last day of school...the kids can watch her for me!

Speaking of the last day of school...it's been snowing outside. Are we sure it's time for summer break? Just keep them a little longer...it feels like March anyway!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that your school is already out. Our kids go until the middle of June. Blech.

    And I don't care how few cans of homemade jam you have, I dare ANYONE to accuse you of being lazy. Geesh. Lazy is saying "Screw the homemade stuff, I'll just buy it at Costco." Oh wait, that's what I always say . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete