Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A long time

I love Rebekah. She is a beautiful girl. She's also very smart. Her reading level now is the same Leah's was about halfway through Kindergarten. Rebekah is almost always happy (unless she's not and then it's very bad).

But Rebekah does have a particular habit that I can't stand. She asks A LOT of questions. The questions build on each other. One question is like a grandmother rabbit...it creates a lot of little bunnies. And one question is extra special to me.

"When is Leah home?"

Regardless of the answer, the follow-up question is always the same. "Is that a long time?"

Rebekah knows I HATE this line of questioning. I've really made my feelings clear on this. Unfortunately, she can't seem to help herself. Even when I give her a really nasty glare that clearly says, "Do not ask me that!" she only wriggles uncomfortably but invariably keeps it up..."Is it?"

"Is it?"

"Is it?"

This is when I finally shout, "YES!" Because, to me, it feels like eternity (even if it's only 15 minutes).

1 comment:

  1. The parent's role as a teacher can be taxing. Wait until she starts challenging you as a teenager. She might develope rebuttals like, "That doesn't even make sense."

    ReplyDelete