Sunday, May 09, 2010

How was your Mother's Day?

I hope everyone had a good day, especially you mothers! (Father's Day is just around the corner, fellas.) My day was pretty good.

I would have slept in longer, but the coughing got me up and at 'em. Darn it. I've had a cough for over 2 weeks now. It has MUCH improved, but not before my rib cage suffered. I can hardly draw a breath to talk, so coughing has been torture. Today I had a bit of trouble moving about. I think it will be better tomorrow. (I sure hope so.)

Church for us is at 12:30 so I didn't need to leave until 12. Chad cancelled his EQ meeting so he was able to stay home a little longer to help. That was nice. He left just before 11. I got everything and everyone into the van and was only 5 or so minutes behind schedule.

I had my first ophthalmic migraine today. That was an interesting experience. I'd already had a headache all morning. Maybe that triggered it? It struck while I was trying to get prayers for Relief Society. It distracted me a bit and as it grew over time, I began to feel concerned. I really didn't want to discover I was going blind on Mother's Day!

Fortunately, there is an optometrist in the ward and I sought him out. He explained what it all was and I felt better knowing it would go away...which it did. Just wish the headache would;I still have a headache. (If you didn't check out the link yet, an ophthalmic migraine is not the same as a headache migraine, though they can be connected. An ophthalmic migraines is often painless...it's an eye migraine. Clear as mud?)

Anyway, I got 4 sets of coupon books and a little card with Joseph's hand prints which he took back from me twice. He actually improved on the gift by cutting it up. So now I have a puzzle of Joseph's hand prints. :)

Chad (and the kids) honored me with some flowering plants and useful items. :)

I was disappointed that the day didn't yield any chocolate and then grateful. I didn't have a very good week with the scale. I probably don't need to make it any worse.

I called my mom and Chad called his. It sounds like Mother's Day was nice for everyone. Hope you enjoyed your day, too!

(I've been slow, but I just finished the Day Two post for Chicago. Go back to the April archives to look for it.)

1 comment:

  1. I had a migraine on Mothers Day too! That is the kind that I get but I have pain with them. I always go to bed because looking at anything especially a computer screen only makes it worse. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete