Friday, February 12, 2010

Wrapping up Valentine's Day

It's been 12 days so far. Two more plus one days to go before I wipe my brow and rest up for the next year. Here are some of the highlights:

This sign went on the fence on Day #2. I started too late in the day, so the paint was still wet when we hung it up. Less than 20 minutes later, Chad gets home and brings it inside! I was hoping for at least a few days of public display!



On Monday, I constructed this web from crepe paper and stuck little "heart flies" to it. Each fly had a reason why we love Daddy. There were 15 flies.




These are the flies. I should have made them from pink paper so we could have picked them out from the web a little better. Oh well...next time. (Next time I make a huge web of streamers and stick little heart flies to it, that is!) Leah cut out the hearts for it. She does need "cutting on the lines" practice, after all!



Wednesday was the day I finally decided to put the traditional balloons in Chad's truck. He works a lot farther away these days and I have to make sure that he's going to be there if I'm going to haul lots of balloons and kids out there.

Yesterday, the kids and I made some flowers from construction paper hearts. We stationed ourselves around the house, along the length of a really long string. Chad had to follow the string into each room where one of the kids was waiting for him to give him their flower. That was a frenzied activity. I was trying to do too many things at once and Joseph was TIRED of standing in the library holding a paper flower and a part of the string. I'm sure it made no sense to him.

I have included a card like this each day. The drill bits get progressively bigger and I write the day's number and something that made/makes me fall in love with him on the back.


This year, Chad is playing a little game of his own. For three days, he's given me 3 chocolate kisses with a single letter written on the paper flag. I've unscrambled the letters and come up with THAI FOODD. He assures me that he really can spell and that there are more letters to come. I'm happy with what I've learned so far. It doesn't bother me much if he stutters at the end of his message. :)

The kids are getting the hang of Valentine's Day in this family. They probably think everyone celebrates for two whole weeks. They'll have to work that out with their spouses when they get married. But they are still kids. Leah wants to know when SHE will get something and not Daddy. :)
BTW: I spell checked this post and the ONLY spelling error to surface was "FOODD." That one's not even my fault.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe you're missing an "F" and an "L" and he's writing "Hot Daffodil."

    Or an "A" "T" "E" and "S" for "Death Footies!"

    Yikes! I'd stick with "Thai Foodd."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy! Brooke, you spent way too much time on that! How did you come up with those?

    Maybe he DOES think I'm a 'hot daffodil.' It would be strange, but maybe a compliment?

    It doesn't even matter now. He brought it up, and I'm set on getting my Thai Food. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're too cool and crafty!
    Love all the things you've done for V-day. :)

    ReplyDelete