Monday, February 15, 2010

Glamorous

I'm trying to think of things that don't describe my life right now.

In addition to glamorous, I think I would add peaceful, organized, tidy, wealthy (if we're talking about dollars and cents), restful, patient, productive, quiet, tranquil (very similar to peaceful, but not quiet the same thing), etc.

Before you think I've gone manic on you, let me just say that Joseph has been a lot of work today. Ninety percent of his communication has been conveyed through crying. Another 5% was in a whine and the remaining 5% was a point to his nose to let me know he needed a tissue. A lot of that was combined with the crying or whining. It's 5 o'clock and I'm feeling done. Has my timer gone off yet?

I was going to fold a bunch of laundry today. Not a single washcloth has been done. All the laundry from Saturday (minus Daniel and Nathan's) is still piled in laundry baskets. My new washing machine is getting delivered tomorrow afternoon (yippee...something to look forward to) and I was trying to get the laundry room ready.

Add to that a sick baby and 4 older children bored enough to bug each other all day, and you get an idea why the glamor seems to be missing.

I've been trying to get the boys to do some things they needed to do. Nathan had to prepare a lesson about Joseph Smith for FHE to meet a scout requirement. It nearly killed him (and me).

Daniel needed to write a poem or story or play about gospel principles or Heavenly Father's creations. This is to fulfill the requirements for both his religious knot and Bear badge. Apparently, his task was more painful than Nathan's.

This is what he finally came up with:
When I look up in the sky, I can see bees going by.
I see them go up up up into the trees to make their honey.
It is not funny to be stung.

I'm not sure if this was an honest attempt, or something to just get me off his back. If he really did try, I don't want to make him feel bad, but otherwise, I don't think he tried very hard!

*sigh* I wonder if I should just count it and hope that the other tasks in the Faith in God book will do more to strengthen his testimony? It's probably what I'll end up doing. The exercises shouldn't end in negative feelings.

So, glamor girl I'm not. A mommy I am. I guess I can fold laundry later.

No comments:

Post a Comment