Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our New Washer

I mentioned a little bit ago that we got a new washer. It's been great. I have no trouble getting the kids to get their laundry downstairs. And the boys are learning the new machine. It's definitely more buttons and choices.

It's a little hypnotic to watch the clothes tumbling around before our eyes. And the pretty colors...!

So when the machine arrived and we put our first load in, we were all captivated.

It reminded me of something...about 60 years past.


Yep! Do YOU see the similarities? :)

It would be nice to laugh and point at the kids, but I'm just as guilty! It's been almost two weeks and I still get mesmerized. In fact, yesterday I ran a tub wash which is bleach and water in the empty tub. There was probably about 2 gallons of water in there crashing and splashing around. I started imagining I was at the beach! No wonder I can get lost in a good book so easily. It appears the imagination is alive and prospering.

I'm still figuring out how to get the most out of the washer. I'm looking forward to years of a stink-free appliance. Possibly, I'll be using this washer to clean Daniel's clothes from his suitcase when he returns from his mission. Do the appliances they make these days last that long?

3 comments:

  1. I see the similarities. Humans will go to extremes to find any diversion to distract them from doing their chores. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that your washer doesn't seem to have buttons on the front that your toddler can push to turn off the machine, despite the child lock option being on. Oh, wait. This is YOUR blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Problems with the young ones, Laura? :) Actually, there are buttons on the front...they just didn't make it into the picture.

    I do let Joseph push the button to make it go sometimes, so maybe that will keep his curiosity in check.

    ReplyDelete