Friday, February 12, 2010

Doing my best

I have a subscription to the feed for "Daily Gems." It's a feed that comes from here, a part of lds.org. This was the message for today. I especially appreciated this one.

Doing Our Best

"The Lord doesn't expect us to work harder than we are able. He doesn't (nor should we) compare our efforts to those of others. Our Heavenly Father asks only that we do the best we can—that we work according to our full capacity, however great or small that may be."

Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Two Principles for Any Economy," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 56


This morning, I am trying to clean up the house a bit. The library and kitchen are looking much better now. :) Too bad that's not all that needs some work.

Nathan is getting baptized in 24 hours! His will be a small event, but he should have a few friends come to support him - which will be a good memory for him. I hope the forecasted snowfall doesn't create problems for anyone traveling in the morning. Remember: everyone is welcome.

I finally took a step I'd been avoiding for a LONG time. I created a facebook account. Sheesh. I can't believe I finally succumbed. My dad (of all people) was the one that made the final push. I used my maiden name though. I would like to keep my maiden name and married name unconnected if I can. I do a lot online, but I still don't trust things completely. I'm the only Arlyn C. that I've been able to find. My maiden name seems to be quite popular. Strangely, I never felt that "Arlyn" was a popular name at all. So, for now...the account is there. I don't know how much time I'll spend with it. (I still have a bit of a block against it!)

3 comments:

  1. WHOO WHOOO!! you are on FACEBOOK!!! We can talk even more. It is very adictive and you will like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! I dont knwo your maden name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rats! Another one succombs to Facebook. I know that there must be others out there who have held out with me. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

    ReplyDelete