Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Small things

This is something I'm trying to do better in. Sometimes it's the small things that are the biggest challenges!

Consistent in Seemingly Small Things

"May every spouse, every child, and every parent be blessed to communicate and receive love, to bear and be edified by strong testimony, and to become more consistent in the seemingly small things that matter so much."In these important pursuits we will never be left alone. Our Heavenly Father and His Beloved Son live. They love us and know our circumstances, and They will help us to become more diligent and concerned at home."

David A. Bednar, "More Diligent and Concerned at Home," Ensign, Nov. 2009, 20

Do you remember those 80's barrettes I mentioned a while back? I finally made one last night. As is my custom, I got it mostly done and then undid it to try to make it better. (It's not such a big deal with a tiny barrette, but very time consuming when crocheting an afghan!) It was pretty easy to do...my fingers just got a little sore as I tried to keep everything tight. I distracted myself from the pain by watching Canada win the Ice Dancing gold.

Here is Leah in her barrette this morning. She was appropriately impressed when she learned I'd made it. I'll take her admiration while she's willing to give it. I may not be as lucky 10 years from now.
Go here to find the instructions for making this barrette. It's on the FamilyFun.go.com website.

I realize my blogging has slowed a bit. Last week was filled entirely with sick kids. Yesterday was a fog from the night before. I'm hoping for a better time of it all from here on out. I'll give you more details later (today, if I can find another chance)!

2 comments:

  1. Is there a website teaching how to make it? Kaitlyn wants to make something like that.

    ReplyDelete