Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Current Events

These are family current events...not the kind you clip out of the newspaper for your Social Studies class!

I had a doctor appointment yesterday. I'm 27 weeks. Everything sounded and looked good. I was then a little surprised when the doctor said to come back in two weeks. I guess I've been so comfortable in the pregnancy that I didn't realize it was already time for the two week appointments. That should help it seem to go a little faster.

What it's really going to do is make my summer hard because now I have to do something with 5 kids every two weeks. Normally, I would take them to Chad and let them play around him while he pretends to work. But Chad starts a different job on Monday. He's not going to be the boss anymore and can't get away with having so many crazy kids ruining the office.

What new job? I knew you'd ask. Chad is working for another company for 3 months on a project they've got. This way, we are sure there will be some $$. Chad's company has been hit by the recession that hit the construction market and they really haven't worked all year. All that stimulus money? It went to government projects. So the government paid themselves with our tax money. Maybe Chad should have been running an experimental sheep farm. He would have had more luck getting some assistance.

Anyway, now I am getting closer to delivering a baby. That means I got to do my glucose test yesterday. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I have to say...they have really improved that drink! I would have been willing to down a second one, but good manners prevented me from asking. I've got a nice bruise on my arm as a souvenir.

And I will soon be sitting the doctor down and explaining to him when I want to have this baby delivered. I hope he will be understanding and a push-over.

Then comes naming the thing. We have a name picked out (still hashing out the middle name), but Chad's side of the family has a baby due any day. We don't know if it's a girl or a boy. Selfishly, I'm hoping it's a boy so my name choice is safe. I've been robbed of girl name choices twice. I'm not looking for the "3rd time's a charm" thing here. Chad says it's no big deal to have the same name as a cousin. I would feel better if the ages were spaced a little better than 12 weeks! And if the last names were different, it would help. But I'm having a hard time thinking of two __________ Colletts during the same year. So I wait, anxiously.

It's been raining every day here for over a week. The grass is getting a lot of drinks and is therefore really growing. But it's really hard to cut wet grass, and gets even harder with every 1/2" it grows. I think today is a break in the weather and I'm hoping to get the chance to get out there after lunch. The weather guy says it doesn't really look like the rain is going to stop until sometime on or right after Father's Day weekend. But that's so far out, who really knows? We're trying to have an outdoor Choir picnic this Saturday. But the forecast last night really wasn't encouraging at all. We'll probably have to move it to the church.

We still have parts of our garden that aren't planted and the ground is too soft to get out there and weed. What has been planted is barely visible over the natural ground cover (thanks, Adam & Eve).

We adopted a new dog last week. Her name is Molly and she's a border collie/cocker spaniel mix. She's very cute, but only 8 months old and still very much a puppy. She's nearly 1/2 the size of Chocolate and therefore able to squeeze through places he can't. She's quite the little escape artist! We really need her to grow a bit. I should have paid more attention to the message the previous owner was giving me when he said he had one of those buried fence collars for her if we wanted it. Not that we could use that on 3 acres of pasture. But she's been good company for Chocolate. They've been very cute playing together out there.

(Joseph just threw his roll at me. I guess that isn't what he was hoping for when he asked for a snack.)

I cut my hair this morning. The front looks OK. The back isn't as great. It's hard to work behind yourself. But it had been 6 months since my last (self-induced) hair cut and I was feeling shaggy. Ironically, I still have that shaggy thing going on.

Nathan started piano lessons last week. He gets a 6 week beginner's crash course and then I get to take him from there. He's very sure of himself at the piano. It's funny to watch. Daniel has outgrown his novelty for the piano. It's now more of a punishment. I have reached a new milestone as a parent!

(Joseph now accepts the roll and has it half eaten.)

I got a couple more pages scrapped this week. I've enjoyed printing them and putting them into an album. They look so good off this printer! I'm trying to be frugal with the ink and have consequently been really picky about printing. I'm trying to be less stressed about it.

I guess that's all for now. You can now resume your day and get on with more important things.

1 comment:

  1. Tell me your name and I will promise not to use it! We don't have a girl name picked out yet. Now is your chance to save yours for you:)

    ReplyDelete