Sunday, May 03, 2009

We went to Thailand

That was once mentioned as a possibility for celebrating our 10th Anniversary (I served my mission in Thailand). I was pretty sure I would either be pregnant or nursing and so not sure how likely it all would be.

Well, as it turns out, I was right. We're also broke, too. So a real trip to Thailand was not even considered. But we got as close as we could.

I had it all planned for a month. We went to a Thai restaurant and stuffed ourselves with DELICIOUS, spicy (couldn't talk) Thai food. Then we checked into the Thailand room at Destinations Inn, a newer themed-suite hotel in the area. Here are some pictures from their website. The room has evolved a bit (like all 4 windows in the last picture are covered up with murals), but this is pretty much what it still looks like.



When we arrived, there was sparkling cider chilling and cheesecake in the fridge. In the morning, they served a simple, but yummy breakfast at your chosen time. There were no kids, the phone didn't ring and we could sleep in as long as we wanted. Unfortunately, we've been programmed to wake before 8. It would take drugs to sleep in any longer than that.

My mom and step-dad came up from Utah and stayed with the kids for the night. The kids had a lot of fun. I'm a little worried about Nathan, though. He didn't realize we hadn't come back later that night - even though he didn't see us until 9:30 that morning. I DID tell him. Next time I'll make sure he looks up from the computer when I'm talking to him.

Thanks to my mom and step-dad for the over-night stay and for the help with the pasture fence and cow herding. The timing couldn't have been better!

On a sad note, the last little kitten died this weekend. I hope the next time this momma cat finds herself with kittens, she'll be more interested in mothering them. If not, I'll get her fixed because these kids don't need extra sadness like that! I'd even gone ahead and let Leah name the poor thing. I'm proud of the way my kids handled it. I don't think I would have been as good about it at their ages.

3 comments:

  1. That is so great that you got a night away! I cant sleep in either. But it is not hard for Mike to sleep until noon. I hope in another 10 you can go to Thailand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! Looks like a good time. I'm glad you guys still like each other and stuff. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you get any use out of the huge tub? I'd give a child to have a tub like that! J/J

    ReplyDelete