Thursday, May 07, 2009

I KNEW she was smart...but a genius?

We were riding around town this morning. The radio was playing some random song. Leah pipes up from the very back of the van, "Mommy, what does articulate mean?"

I'm thinking to myself, I must have heard her wrong. "Articulate?"

"Yeah, what does it mean?"

OK folks. How many of YOUR 5-year-olds have asked you that one? She's my first. I was trying to remember if the radio had used that word. I was pretty sure it hadn't come up. That's a pretty big word...even for the grown ups. And then I'm wondering what other words should I be prepared for? Onomatopoeia? Lasciviousness? (our Stake President couldn't even pronounce it) Transliteration?

Obviously, she is a genius. There is no other explanation. Then she said she heard it on "Word Girl." Go PBS! Can they teach her how to clean up her socks and respect her parents? Of course, I still believe that she is at least half genius. She hasn't watched TV for the past few days at least! What a memory.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Word Girl!!! My kids love it too - anything that helps my kids learn is a plus for me!!! It's funny because my kids usually choose PBS over the other cartoon channels (I think that's because it was the only one we had for a long time!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shows on PBS Kids. They explain things so well. We love Word Girl and also Cyber Chase. And of course, Sesame Street. :)

    ReplyDelete