Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Death of a light bulb

Have you ever witnessed a light bulb shine its last moments? Usually, light bulbs go out in a flash when you try to turn them on. Yesterday I turned the bedroom light on and watched the bulb "ebb and flow" as it lived it final seconds then fade out. It was reminiscent of a sci-fi movie when the aliens are attacking. But the only thing attacking yesterday morning was Joseph's diaper. Chad changed the bulb last night and did find some little tiny aliens that had lived their final moments in the light bulb cover. Yuck.

I pulled out the vacuum (don't die of shock) this morning to attack the main floor rooms. Just before I turned it on, I remembered that I keep forgetting to check the bag. When I reached down to feel the amount of debris we'd been collecting, I was shocked to find the bag fully inflated...with debris! Yikes! I've never seen a bag get all the way full. I'm surprised it didn't burst into flames a month ago (right about the last time I vacuumed). I have a much happier vacuum now.

I learned a little something about mop water this morning. It doesn't get nearly as dirty when you only wait a week to mop, as opposed to a month. The water was still so sterile after I finished under the dining room table, that I celebrated by mopping the 3 1/2 x 6 foot piece of floor by the toilet. (Luckily, the rest of the bathroom is carpeted, so my happy vacuum got that.)

So now that I've cleaned so much of the floors this morning, I'm ready for my visiting teachers to come. Unfortunately, they aren't coming until tomorrow night, so they'll never be able to tell I did anything today.

2 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you! I dont know when I mopped last! You are lucky that you dont have dark carpet, I have to Vaccumme Daily! I hate it! I think I will get a sweeper for my kids to use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cleaning.... it's never much fun!

    The sledding hill is out toward Wolverine on Presto road. We should all go there - Kristy, too! That would be a blast!

    ReplyDelete