Wednesday, January 23, 2008

No rest for the weary

It was not a restful night. I know that Rebekah didn't wake up (at least I didn't hear her during any of the times I was awake). It's possible that one of the boys slept through the night. But one of them was up at 3:45 AM rummaging through some toys. I heard it over the baby monitor (I was awake then). When we questioned them this morning, they both denied it was them. So either they were playing in their sleep, or someone is lying. I don't know why they would need to lie. I don't even know what the punishment would be for playing with your toys at 4 AM. Having a sleepy day at school, probably.

Leah spent part of the night on our floor, by my side of the bed. Joseph spent part of the time he was sleeping in bed next to me. I never sleep well that way. I'm only half asleep so that I don't roll into him or he doesn't roll into me. And after so many hours of staying stuck in one position, my muscles start screaming at me.

Chad woke up a few times, too.

Let's see if I'm lucky enough for a nap today. At least school wasn't cancelled again.

Quote of the morning: "Mommy, Joseph is being haved in there." - Leah

2 comments:

  1. I hate those kinds of nights... Hope you get a better one tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please get lots of sleep today so I can catch up to you! I hope your kids come home I hope you get more sleep tonight, it is hard with little kids though.

    ReplyDelete