Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy 4th Birthday, Leah!

Leah turned 4 years old today!!!


We've ALL waited long for this day. It was a long day for Leah. She just wanted to get to that cake and the presents.

I wasn't able to decorate her cake last night, so she got to watch me decorate it this morning. She and Rebekah were quite interested in the process. And to my credit, I didn't get very stressed out having them there.

We let the birthday person choose where they want to have dinner on their special night. Chad and I both knew where Leah would want to go before we asked. So we had dinner at Wendy's tonight. At least I didn't have to get all dressed up! The kids loved their kid's meals and included toys.

Home for presents and cake. Everyone was thrilled with Leah's gifts. It seemed a little strange to me to be having a b-day so close to Christmas. I hope to get used to it soon. It's only been 4 years now.

Leah's biggest gift is a booster car seat. Truthfully, this is a present for the whole family. I have been anticipating this gift more than Leah. Maybe the car rides will be more enjoyable if she has less to be upset about. Leah's wiggles = our giggles!

Leah keeps us laughing and trying to guess what's next. She is a big girl stuck in a 4 year old's world. She's extremely energetic and stubborn. She's the social one and always tells us about a new friend she's made. She's a great big sister to Rebekah and can keep up with the boys in nearly everything. She'd love to take care of Joseph if only her mother would let her!

Happy Birthday, Leah!

Leah's cake. I'm not winning any cake decorating awards, but Leah liked it. She called it a Barbie cake. Rebekah actually saw me stick the doll in, so she kept shaking her head and saying, "Legs." She knew we were being a bit deceiving! It was our little secret which turned into a funny prank on the older kids when they pulled her out!

Leah informed us that she could blow her candles out all by herself. But when it came time to actually do it, she struggled a bit. At one time, there were three kids blowing on that cake. Ew! Yuck!

There was no lack of helpers when it came time to cutting the cake. We let Leah take the first stab. She looked like she was using a chisel rather than a knife!

Leah was looking a lot like a cannibal as she started eating the frosting off the doll.

Everyone enjoyed the party!

3 comments:

  1. BLOGGER GONE WILD!!! Did you really post 4 times in one day! AMAZING! I am so proud of your cake I still have not make one of those for Kaitlyn. Maybe this year?! Happy Birthday Leah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbie cake? Boy...nathan is lucky if I even make him a cake. I still need to get a birthday party for him together even though his Birthday was december 23! Better late than never. :) Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable picture! I think that cake is great. Kaylee would love it! Maybe I'll try that for her sometime, although my cake decorating skills are non-existant.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete