Friday, January 18, 2008

Update on the x-rays

OK...I'm going to try to make this quick. I never know when Joseph is going to call me and I have to go visiting teaching in less than an hour.

I picked Chad up from work yesterday afternoon so he could watch the 4 kids (Daniel was in school) while I had an ultrasound and a series of x-rays to find out why I have such a pain in my stomach. It's been a sharp, stabbing pain that had gotten worse over the month.

The only thing they could find in the results was that my colon was full. So I have pain near my navel because I need to poop? The doctor told me to take a few tablespoons of milk of magnesia for a few nights and give him an update on Monday. I was a little surprised by the result of the visit (especially since I had made very good use of the bathroom that morning), but a bottle of laxative is cheaper than surgery for something else! It's already working...the laxative, that is. We'll see if I feel anymore pain now.

How ironic that I've been wanting to lose weight and I was holding on to it all along. Gives new meaning to the phrase, "Waste not, want not." I did weigh less this morning!

And into bragging mode: Nathan brought home his report card yesterday. Zero absences and top scores all the way down the sheet! He's such a good student. Maybe he really is the smartest one in his class! ;) I just hope this isn't a progress report for the whole year. I expect they have other things they didn't test the kids on yet that he's still learning. Let's hope, or we're going to have a bored little boy. I wish I could send Leah to school...all day (she's currently being grumpy).

Here's a funny: Daniel has a mid-week spelling test that if he gets 100%, he goes on to the challenge words for Friday's test. We practiced his words Tuesday night and he spelled them all correctly. In the car after school Wednesday, he said, "I missed one on my spelling test. Do you know which one it was? 'Food.' Do you know why I missed it? She said 'hot food' and I wrote 'hot'!" Poor kid! I laughed.

2 comments:

  1. oh man! In pain for months and all you needed to do is POOP! I hope all works ok. Kaitlyn in on Activia yogurt. IT IS AMAZING! She is also on permanent laxatives "Miralax" because she just has never pooped on her own. So if you need help after these few days of meds I can help....
    GOOD JOB NATHAN! I hope my kids have good reports too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Daniel. That's always disappointing! Sounds like your boys are both doing good and I hope you start feeling better yourself!

    .... I wish I could put both Kaylee and Austin in school... all day... many times!

    ReplyDelete