Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ward Christmas Party

I looked forward to the Ward Christmas party this year. Mostly because I knew I could just sit and enjoy it this year. I helped set up early in the day, but was "off duty" during the magic hour.

Santa visits the kids before the party. I really like this arrangement, because if we end on a spiritual moment, we don't have screaming kids and jingling bells to kill the spirit. This year, Santa's Helper was a ward member. When he's not being Santa, he's teasing my kids and kicking them in church. That someone should be getting coal for Christmas presents!

Anyway, Daniel recognized his voice. You can see that he is in on the secret. He was 11 years old this year. I wonder if he will sit on Santa's lap next year?

Nathan learned the "magic" of Santa Claus this year (based on a late night conversation between his father and I). I think he knew at this point. But he's really only playing along for the candy cane.

Leah is still a firm believer. But she knows that the real Santa does not have time to make so many public appearances and that he has Helpers to stand in for him.

Rebekah is still so sweet and innocent. Thankfully, this visit with Santa went a lot better than the one before! It helps when Santa knows her name!

Aw, Joseph. He was so timid and cute. And he's got a double-handed grip on that candy cane!

This looks really similar to Sarah's Santa picture from last year, except she's bigger. This would be so sad if it wasn't so cute! She didn't even want to talk about the candy cane. She had only one goal. She probably knows who is under that beard!

Daddy is very un-Santa-like (and not at all scary). It would be safe to accept the candy cane from him. Gotta love that headband that is doing its best to escape as well!

While Santa Claus is a big highlight, he isn't the reason I look forward to the Ward Christmas party. I love the dinner (that I don't have to cook)! We all enjoyed it.

Sarah really enjoyed it. A lot. Obviously.

I tried to enjoy it a little less. I had just started Weight Watchers on the 12th (the day before), and was trying to be good! I was good. I could have been better, but I would have been a lot worse if I wasn't trying to be good. (That's a deep thought, isn't it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment