Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Temple Square 2011

I had a strong urge to take the kids to see the lights at Temple Square this year (last year). I don't know why this urge hits me, since the lights aren't really different from year to year, and the kids don't seem to really be wowed by the experience (not to mention 6+ hours in the car to make the journey).

But we went and I made sure to bring my camera this year! It was a little cold.

This walk behind the Assembly Hall is one of my favorite parts of the lights display...so pretty in pink! (That is a picture of my mom since I obviously can't take a picture of the back of myself walking away.)

The temple through the colored trees was beautiful.

The reason for Christmas is the Nativity (in case you didn't already know) and the Church has a beautiful display on the reflection pool during Christmas time. Oh, now there is a picture of me!

One more shot of the kids, this time with Grandma.

And a family shot on the steps of the temple itself. I love that the gates are open for this. All of the kids touched the wall of the temple (except for Sarah...she didn't really care).

It was cold and crowded, so we only lasted about an hour. Deseret Book had a nice Christmas display and handed out a tiny gingerbread cookie. That was fun. It was a good night.
The next day, we went to Gardner Village and looked for all of the escaped elves. We only got one picture since it was me against 6 kids, and they weren't all happy. Here they are sitting under one of the elves that some how got himself stuck on a trellis! ;)
Yes, Rebekah and Joseph were refusing to look at the camera.

The weather looks fair, but the smog was unbelievable. We could just about chew it. It was a blinding experience to finally emerge from it and see real shadows (just a little north of Tremonton).

And now we're good until at least 2014 before we have to see the lights at Temple Square (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment