Saturday, January 28, 2012

Campout

Chad is gone for the night on a scout campout, so we had a little fun tonight.

We watched "Zookeeper," enjoyed some doughnuts, and then got out the Bingo game Daniel got for Christmas. We used conversation hearts for our Bingo markers while eating enough of them to make us sick. After a couple of games of Bingo, we read scriptures and had a song and prayer.

Then the kids got their blankets and settled in for a couple of chapters of Little Town on the Prairie. I turned on some Kenny G for them while I washed dishes and gave them a chance to settle down.

Nathan had been complaining about having to listen to music, but he was asleep first! He didn't even make it through 3 songs. Don't mess with a sexy saxophone! ;)

I had the boys (and everyone else) at the dentist this morning to have some teeth pulled. Nathan had four teeth pulled and Daniel went in for two teeth but ended up losing three. One was loose, so the dentist gave us a "freebie." I don't know how free it really was because it cost the Tooth Fairy an extra 50 cents!

So by now all kids are sleeping, the dish washer is going as well as the laundry. The Tooth Fairy has made her visit and I am heading to bed.

Here is what it looks like in the living room right now. Those blue eyes in the back belong to Cleo, our cat. :)



I remember the days when it was fun to sleep on the floor. Now I only do that when I have no other choice!

2 comments:

  1. Man, you are such a cool mom. I never let my kids "camp out" in the living room, because I'm always afraid that they'll wake each other (and me!) up too early in the morning. Way to go, mom! Maybe I'll send my kids to Idaho the next time they're begging for a sleepover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you liked "Kenny G's . . . sexy saxophone,!" you must have loved Kenny Burrell's "Midnight Blue" cd--that I mailed to you with the Christmas cards. Remember?

    Fifty cents for one tooth? Neither your mom or I would give you and your siblings more than a nickel a tooth.

    ReplyDelete