Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School...Twice

Daniel, Nathan and Leah had their first day of school yesterday. Here is a not-so-close-up shot of them. :) It was a pretty cool morning yesterday, so coats were necessary.


Leah - 1st, Nathan - 3rd, Daniel -5th

Daniel moved up to middle school this year. Now they aren't all in the same place during the day.

Yesterday was only a half day and the kids were home by 1:30. Nathan was the only one assigned homework, but had it done before he got off the bus.

Today is a full day of school, which means kindergarten kids get to go. Rebekah was VERY excited about starting school! She's been singing songs about how excited she is. So we took another picture this morning, with Rebekah in it. I can't believe she's in Kindergarten!!



And then we took a picture of all six kids to help record the passing of time. Sarah wasn't even in last year's picture! Joseph didn't want to leave the house, and Sarah was pretty sick yesterday, so we sat on the porch steps. I took two pictures...this is the one with everyone looking. Even the cat got in the shot - and gave Leah an interesting hair accessory!



Here are the kids waiting for the bus. I like that it stops right at the end of the driveway. I would feel a little better if the traffic wasn't zipping by at 50+ miles an hour!


And there they go! I was so impressed with Rebekah's excitement and not one hint of fear or apprehension. I think a lot of that is from having 3 older siblings who have had great school experiences. And since Rebekah didn't seem to be nervous, I went ahead and felt nervous for her. I hope everyone is having a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. Daniel looks so big in the second photo; it must be the red coat. I had to look twice because I first thought he was a neighbor's kid. Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha...it's not a coat. Just a really roomy t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete