Monday, August 30, 2010

Carpool Corruption

Because of "budget cuts" (haven't we heard enough of that lately?), the school district eliminated the mid-day buses for Kindergarten. That means I have to pick up Rebekah from school everyday. There are three of us that are carpooling together and so we only have to make the daily trip one week out of three. I got the first shift.

We got to the school a little early and the weather was kind of cool, so we sat in the van for a few minutes. A CD was playing in the van...The Ark (Michael McClean). It sounds rather harmless, right? Not when taken in the dose I served up today!

I loaded up my 3 kids and the two extra I was bringing home then got in and started up the van. As I backed out of the parking spot, the CD started back up where it had left off..."Chest out, butt in. Work it girls and you will win." I was horrified! Two young, impressionable, silent sponges sat in my back seats. What would they remember when they got home? And then the song ends and the new one is blasting, "I hate the rain." Nice. There's nothing like an positive, uplifting ride with Arlyn!

Anyone else have a 5-year-old they'd like me to influence?

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, my 4-year old (thanks to the influence of her 3 older siblings) can sing Lady Gaga and Eminem. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I pretty much just spit my water all over my computer because I am laughing so hard! Lydia told me all about this! No just kidding,:) she didn't say a word, but that story just made my whole day!

    ReplyDelete