Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Don't tell the kids

If what I am about to tell you gets out to the wrong people, I will be ruined. Namely...my kids.

My kids have less than two weeks of summer left. Less than two weeks of building forts, chasing chickens, eating raspberries from the garden, sleeping out in the tent, staying up late, etc. And that makes me a little sad for them!

I have been trying to force them outside. What would they wish they had done with their summer when they are stuck inside the school, sitting at their desks? They are slow to catch the vision, but at least they go out for a bit.

So, when Rebekah comes to me at 2:30 and wants to know if they can play on the slip 'n' slide, I say..."Sure." Never mind that it's barely 81 degrees and quite breezy outside. If she wants to play, then I won't stop her. Do you want a Popsicle, too? The way I feel when I think of their childhood summertime slipping away, I would almost say yes to anything (within reason, of course). Just don't let them know that!

No comments:

Post a Comment