Saturday, August 14, 2010

Brushing teeth with Joseph

Joseph LOVES to brush his teeth! Sometimes too much. But he has the routine down and a trip to the bathroom for brushing goes like this:

Mommy, teece.
Mommy, raw.
Mommy, choo-choo.
Oh. chuckle

And here is the translation (mostly so I can look back on this 20 years from now and enjoy the memory...but you're welcome to enjoy it, too):

Mommy, I want to brush my teeth!
Mommy, I want the Tigger toothbrush (raw=roar).
Mommy, I want the Thomas the Tank toothpaste.
Oh, you're already getting it. And I'm laughing because I knew you were going to get it (since it's the only toothpaste in the cupboard), but I just had to say it anyway.

Ah, Joseph. You're one of our favorites!

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet Joseph boy. No wonder he is one of your favorites. :)

    I love moments like this. I wish we could package them up--all the sights, sounds, smells, emotions and warm fuzzy feelings--so that we could be sure we would always remember every detail of the best moments of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't recall, Arlyn, but were you just as eager to brush your teeth at Joseph's age?

    ReplyDelete