Thursday, July 29, 2010

One heck of a day

We survived the day. Barely. A HUGE thank you to Chad's parents who saw a need and did something to fill it.

They drove 5 hours round trip to watch the sick kids so I could take Daniel to the TMJ doctor and have him fixed up. Things got a little tricky when I noticed that Daniel was also becoming sick, but the appointment was already scheduled and grandma and grandpa were on the road.

It took a lot of coaxing to get Daniel into the van and he waited somewhat patiently for them to be ready for them. I went into the office by myself when we got there and explained that Daniel was sick, but we really hoped they would still see him and help him out. We waited by an outside door so we didn't spread whatever he had all over the waiting room.

He spent about 10 minutes in the chair and we were on our way back home. Luckily, there was road construction on the interstate (did I say luckily?), so I took the highway. It made it a lot easier to pull over when Daniel started throwing up. YUCK.

I spent all morning cleaning...wiping down door handles and light switches, sweeping and mopping, doing tons of laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom vanity with a bleach cleaner...blah, blah, blah. I hope I got some of those nasty germs!

Chad and I are the only ones who haven't gotten sick. Since Chad got Rebekah's throw up on his face this morning, he'll be very lucky to avoid it. Nathan spent most of the day in one little chair, and Leah in another. Daniel was a little more nomadic. Rebekah tried to feel better throughout the day but would often crash when she overdid it.

Let's hope tomorrow brings a happier day for everyone. And no more fevers!

No comments:

Post a Comment