Sunday, July 04, 2010

Dentist

I took the four oldest to the dentist on Thursday. Here is the run down.

Daniel - A cavity in a back molar, but it's a baby one and looks like it will be out soon, so they'll hold off and just watch it for now.

Nathan - FINALLY! he has some loose teeth. The kid is starting 3rd grade, for crying out loud. We'll have to let you know when they actually come out. It will be a BIG celebration...such a rite of passage, you know. He goes back this week to have some sealants put on.

Leah - F.O.U.R. cavities. I about fell over. We need to be better about getting those kids to brush! She gets them filled the same time Nathan goes in (Thursday morn). I don't think she understands what is going to happen. I'm not going to say anything...maybe it won't be so bad. -?-

Rebekah - They found a sticky part on a tooth and took care of it that day. She thinks she didn't have any cavities. I think she probably came close enough to call it.

Joseph and Sarah were there, too. Joseph charmed a helium balloon, plastic lizard and toothbrush from the lady there. He's good! He didn't even have to sign in or anything! Sarah crawled around the waiting room while I cringed, imagining all the germs she was soaking up. In celebration of the visit to the dentist, she got her first tooth. (It was that day or the next; I'm not sure.) Now she's dangerous! :)

Floating on the high of having some loose teeth, Nathan has been testing his two bottom teeth regularly. They are loose, but not even wobbly. He has a ways to go yet. On Thursday, after we were home again, he came up to me and said, "I'm glad these teeth are loose. They've been in my way."

Huh. We may have a problem when even bigger teeth replace those obnoxious baby teeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment