Saturday, July 17, 2010

Electronical Nightmares

Electronical. Is that even a word? It doesn't seem right, but it works for me right now.

We went to the drive-in movie last night. Toy Story 3. The last drive-in movie we went to was Shrek...4 years ago. I know...we're such fun parents.

Anyway, the theater finally had something decent and the weather was good...so off we went. Overall, I give the experience a thumbs up. The kids enjoyed themselves and there wasn't an insane amount of crying (though it was close).

The worst part of the night was when I was trying to put the back seats of the van back up and couldn't get one of them to lock into place. I was pretty sure I was doing it right. The kids confirmed that the floor was clear of obstructions. So why won't it latch? I pulled it back and looked down in the back hinges. Ahh. That's not good. The camera.

The screen was fractured. It still took pictures, but I couldn't see them. It still loaded the pictures on the computer, so the pictures from the evening weren't lost. But the camera was not going to be usable anymore. Shoot. We just got that thing for Christmas!

So I had to buy a new camera today. After all, there is a family reunion coming up next week. Bad timing, I'd say.

I did a little price comparison online and eventually found something to satisfy me. Same brand and almost same model. Unfortunately, not same enough because the computer wouldn't recognized the new camera. When I went to load the new program, the computer didn't respond to the disk. Great. The computer doesn't even seem to know that it has a 'd' drive. It must be a communicable problem because the kids' computer hasn't been reading disks for a little while now.

The computer is already making clunking noises and freezes up when we run too many graphics. So Chad will take it to the computer shop on Monday. I'm so grateful that I have alternative internet options. It's bad enough that I can't use the scrapbooking program while it's gone!

1 comment:

  1. I know about breaking cameras you haven't had too long. i bought a new one just about a month ago and bought the 2 yr warranty with it. This way I don't have to buy one for awhile. Sorry about your computer, if we lived closer Aaron could probably fix it. Hope all goes well from now on!

    ReplyDelete