Friday, October 09, 2009

why,Why, WHY???

Why do kids stand RIGHT IN FRONT of you when you're trying to walk?

AND - When do they stop doing it?

It does not matter when or where or what time of day, my kids have me blocked. It was bad when I was pregnant and couldn't see the littlest attackers. Now that I'm only fat, but carrying a baby, it seems worse. Maybe it's because I don't have any hands available to break my fall.

And it doesn't matter that I try to anticipate the problem and change direction; they read my mind and alter course, too.

Of course, it's my fault that they're knocked to the ground.

For some people, it's only a matter of quickly lifting a leg and stepping over the child. Unfortunately, they'd have to prostrate on the ground before my leg could clear their head. And then I'd likely just be off-balance and step on them anyway.

Sometimes I've had to give a firm nudge to the side, and other times I've completely lifted them off the ground and set them somewhere less invasive. Some of them have learned to run. I'm only waiting (though not patiently) for them to take a little step right or left.

1 comment:

  1. Think for a moment. You are either too tall to see over, or they are born-leaders.

    ReplyDelete