Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Percentages

Sarah says "hi." She's in my lap, as usual. She's not nursing this exact moment, but I'm sure it won't be too long. If she's awake, she's hungry. But you should see the cute double chin she has at 6 weeks, 6 days. And her legs have several creases. Now, if I could just get her to stop trying to leap from my lap, I'd be a better typist.

And all this brings me to the point of my post. While I was feeding her after our nap, I was thinking that I spend an awful lot of time (it's not ALL awful) taking care of this tiny creature. I'd guess about 80% of the day is Sarah's. How is that fair to the other kids? I decided they probably get about 50% of the day.

I'm no math whiz, but I'm able to add percentages. It would seem that 130% of the day is for the kids. Luckily, I can multitask because there's no way I'm really giving 130%. My guilt meter actually reads about a 60% effort. I'm very grateful for Chad. He takes a lot of the burden when he gets home. And because of that, I only blow my top about 30% of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment