Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Lefty

I asked Daniel if he wanted to open the cans as I made dinner tonight. He was quite excited to do it. I handed him the can opener and left the room for a bit. When I came back, I noticed that he had taken the entire tops off three cans with the can opener! I asked him to show me how he'd done it.

This is when he picked up the can open in his left hand and placed it OVER the lip of the can, instead of to the SIDE. It never even occurred to me that the appliance would work that way.

Do they even make left-handed can openers?



The can looses a lot of its strength when the entire rim is removed...it squeezes very easily. I'm sure there is a great physics lesson in there.

I didn't realize that my oldest son didn't know how to use a can opener. I wonder what else he needs to learn?

Rebekah and Joseph had to help stir the dinner. Awesome teamwork!

1 comment:

  1. Remember when Ashley was about 4 and when I came to pick her up you'd taught her how to use scissors? The thought of teaching her that had never occurred to me.

    ReplyDelete