Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Sew Frustrating

Yesterday, I worked on the baby's blessing gown. I did not work alone. That was part of my stress-filled day yesterday. I got the bodice and skirt sewn together and to each other.

This morning I continued sewing. After I got the back button facings done and the collar on, I took another look at the skirt. Despite all my double checking and rechecking yesterday, I still sewed the front panel on with the wrong side of the fabric out. Not only that, it was gathered and serged. ahhhh!!!

I considered just leaving it, but I knew that it would drive me crazy every time I looked at it. I then spent the next hour unpicking, pulling off tiny threads and re-gathering, re-sewing and re-serging the darn thing (only now I'm sewing with frayed fabric and 1/4" seam allowance). I just removed the front skirt piece and eased it back into the dress. I wish it was as simple as it sounded. I had to banish the kids from the room. The stress from yesterday is back.

But the dress is repaired and it's nearly impossible to tell the difference (you have to know what to look for). So now I'm behind on my other project I'd hoped to start this morning...4th of July shorts for the kids. At least the weather is cooler today. I may be hot under the collar, but not under the waistband!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can get your projects done in time. It is getting a little late to do shorts! LOL!

    ReplyDelete