Friday, July 17, 2009

TV Censorship

This evening I was "channel surfing." Normally, I am not so free with the remote. The difference was that Leah was in the room with me. There is a lot of stuff I would be willing to subject myself to on TV, but there is a lot less when my kids will see it. I can't watch anything scary, suspenseful, violent or suggestive (though I don't watch that much myself).

Now don't think I've got all the bad and nasty stuff on. I was passing by an old TV movie from the 80's, a national news broadcast, some news magazine shows (Insider, etc.), and even some PBS broadcasts.

I eventually ended up on Wheel of Fortune. I rarely watch game shows. But dinner was over, we were waiting for Chad to come home and I was putting my swollen feet up. It wasn't long before all 5 kids were on the bed in front of me.

So I think it's hard to be "bad" when you have kids. They make you want to be better than you are, even if you'd rather watch the murder movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment