Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Leah's Standards

I can't believe this is even something I would complain about. And I'm really glad that Leah has some high standards when it comes to the clothes she'll wear. But I'm thinking it's bordering "picky."

Leah has two tests for the clothes she tries on. If they fail either test, she won't wear them. She'd rather see me hang something back on the rack than be expected to suffer the garment to be hung upon her.

Pants: Leah puts on the pants and then squats. If she thinks you can see her underwear in the back - FAIL. We were trying on a pair at Wal-Mart today and she performed this test. I made her stand back up and pull the pants on ALL THE WAY and then do her little squat. It was hard to convince her that I didn't see underwear. Maybe she needs prettier underwear? No... I'd rather she hide her underwear than model it. I made a pair of shorts this evening and let out a mental sigh of relief when they passed the squat test.

Shirts: Leah raises both arms straight up and stretches out her torso. If you can see her tummy - FAIL. I don't know how she does it, but she seems to get taller just during this test. I have been buying shirts a size or two bigger lately so my money won't be wasted. I made her a size 6 shirt yesterday and then it failed the test. Rebekah was thrilled and wore her new shirt the rest of the night.

I warned Leah today that she wouldn't be going to school naked, so she'd better start accepting something to wear! As for shoes, everything bothers her feet. I think we'll be putting her shoes on right before the bus comes and rushing her out the door just so we won't have to hear her complain about how they feel. The bus driver will think we force her to tears every morning. It's a heinous form of abuse: wearing shoes.

I need to find some attractive patterns for jumpsuits and overalls. Those don't fall down or ride up. They'll just drag on the bathroom floor of the school every time she has to make the trip in there. YUCK. Maybe we'll make LOTS of dresses and she can wear shorts underneath. That will get us through October. I guess she can wear snow pants under dresses? Better make a size 10 dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment