Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A few pictures and words.

It has finally warmed up enough around here to get the pool out. The kids have used up a lot of water in their quest to keep cool this year. Too bad they end up in the mud by the time they are done. I would feel better thinking that at least they were getting some kind of a bath!

Our little momma cat has done it again...become a momma. This time, she had 6 kittens in her litter and has managed to keep all of them alive; they are now 9 days old. Their eyes opened on Monday. We have two boys and 4 girls. They were initially outside in this dog carrier. When the temp started rising last week, the kittens started roasting. The momma cat was trying to make a spot for them in our closet, so Daniel and I hauled this thing into the laundry room. It took a while for it to stop radiating heat! Eventually, momma cat decided that the straw den was not acceptable for her babies.

She moved them to this space between the wall and the washer. Looks comfy, doesn't it? They are laying on a Wal-Mart bag. I had to put that little cardboard back there to keep them from wandering behind the machines. I found one dusty kitten about 8 feet away from everyone the first day. The other night, I put an old towel in a big laundry basket, moved the growing kittens from the cramped and hard bed they were in, filled that space with other things and waited for the momma to accept her new spot. She wasn't happy, but really didn't have any other choices.

Leah prays for the kittens every day and for the momma to be a good momma. I'm just looking forward to kittens old enough to go back outside and find some shade of their own to keep cool in.

The transfer of girls and sewing room is finally finished. Here is my new sewing room (before I organized anything)...right next to my bed. Does that mean we sleep in the sewing room? I'd probably have to do more sewing first to be able to say that. The blessing gown is nearly done (seen draped over the mess) and I've started sewing the slip to go underneath.

OK. That's enough blogging for me. I mopped the kitchen earlier. I wonder if the floor is dry? I feel like it's snack time.

No comments:

Post a Comment