Monday, January 25, 2016

My talent on display

I had the talent for FHE tonight and realized it this morning as we were getting ready for school.  So before we left, I chose a project and spent the morning working on it.  I plan on making a small quilt for a teacher at school and she loves owls, so this is "two birds" with one stone.

But the point of this post isn't to brag, rather to laugh.  I was nearing completion of the block and sewed on the beak of one of two owls.  Here it is.


And then I noticed that I didn't see the 2nd block I was working on.  Oh, here it is!  I sewed it behind the first one...right at the beak!  Duh.  I didn't want to spend so much time unpicking on this project!  But what a talent!  LOL.


2 comments:

  1. That happens to me all the time. What is worse is when you roller cut and haven't made Sure the area is clear underneath. Cute owls. I still love owls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute! I always plan to spend more time picking than sewing whenever I start a project. . .

    ReplyDelete