Monday, January 25, 2016

Ice Skating party

Leah was invited to an ice skating birthday party this past weekend.  Because her friend has a little sister in Sarah's class, Sarah was also invited. I'm sure she was meant to keep the little sister occupied and she filled that role marvelously.

Neither Leah nor Sarah have ever been ice skating.  They have been on roller blades all through the house, but I warned them that the skate blades were much thinner than wheels.  I don't think they even noticed.  

As soon as Sarah had her skates on, she was up without any hesitation and running soon after.  Yeah.  Running is discouraged in public places and I did my best to slow her down.  

Here is a picture soon after their skates were on.  This is not the birthday girl standing next to Leah, but one of the party guests and one of Leah's closest friends: Kiera.  And that creature down at Leah's elbow is supposed to be Sarah.

I think she's trying a little too hard to smile for the camera! 

Here is Sarah with her friend, Emma.  They are both crazy and full of energy and the youngest members of their families.

I did not know that they had modified walkers for beginner skaters, but it makes sense!  Sarah was fearless on the ice with her walker.  But her feet were flying in all sorts of directions as she sped around the rink.  I'm not sure which part of her body got the bigger workout: her legs to get her moving or her arms to keep her from falling down.

It was a late party (skating started at 8) and so I left about 8:30 with Sarah and Leah was dropped off a little after 10.  Church comes early at 9:30 and it's even earlier when you've gone to bed late!

1 comment:

  1. Did the kids notice how much taller they are on skates?

    ReplyDelete