Monday, January 17, 2011

Writing Prompt

Daniel is in 5th grade and in the middle school here. He often has something called a "prompt" where he is supposed to write for some specified amount of time.

I was going through his school papers and thinking, "these grades are not really impressing me, young man!" when I came across one of his prompts. I find these insightful, though probably not as much as his teacher does!

Here is what I found. He wrote it 10 Jan '11.

A time I have helped somone is when my sister went up to her room and saw a spider on the wall above her bed and came running into my room where I was taking a nap and told me that there was a spider on her wall so I went into her room and it was just sitting there so I went back to my room and she came after me. She told me to get it or she would tell. I said ok and went back to her room and it was still sitting there. My brother came in and asked what was wrong. My sister told him. And he said he would do it so he got her teddy bear and threw it at the spider and missed so I said it was my turn so I got the bear and hit it. It fell to the ground and I picked it up and it was already dead.

What a loving brother! I will send him Leah's therapy bill when it comes time.

1 comment: