Thursday, January 06, 2011

Toddler Fights

Sadly, Baby Sarah is gone; Toddler Sarah (16 months already) has replaced her. We love T. Sarah because she is so fun and entertaining. Alas, she is starting to get into anything that interests her...which is everything. And T. Sarah is FAST. She is faster than I am, which is really not a good thing.

Sarah has become aware of her world. She mimics a lot of what is happening around her. She does have a bit of a lag time, though. In Sacrament Meeting, she will raise both hands to sustain someone...well after the appropriate moment to oppose (which I'm sure she doesn't)! In Relief Society Sunday, she laughed a few seconds after everyone else did (she knows how to make the most of it).

If she is doing something she shouldn't, she gives you a big cheesy grin. And it does save her...for now. Once she realizes that she's done something to make you laugh, she tries it a few more times - just for the thrill.

Along with all of this maturity comes the awareness of fairness. If I give it to someone, she wants it, too. If someone takes it from her, she tries to take it back. She's pretty good about it a lot of the time...she keeps a straight face and doesn't say too much.

And then today she and Joseph were fighting over a step stool. While keeping a firm hold of their side of the stool, they both looked up at me with expressive faces which I interpreted this way:

Joseph - What the heck? Is she actually going to challenge me on this? I'm not sure I like T. Sarah!

Sarah - I get everything I want. I want this stool!

No comments:

Post a Comment