Thursday, January 20, 2011

Missed the bus

It was a rough morning for Rebekah and she missed the bus.

As it drove away, she started jumping up and down, crying and saying, "I want to go!" over and over. It wasn't pretty. And I was sitting there thinking, "Great, now I have to drive her to school."

I did have the briefest thought that she could miss school and that would show her! But she missed two days last week and it's really not THAT hard or far to drive her.

The biggest complaint that I had was that I wasn't dressed yet and I wasn't ready to get dressed. Not to mention that Sarah and Joseph would need to be dressed and bundled up. And all this because Rebekah just couldn't get up to speed this morning (like most mornings).

So now I've joined the ranks of all those mothers that have driven their kids to school in their pajamas. I guess I held out pretty long. After all, she is my 4th child!

It wasn't so bad, though because it's a BEAUTIFUL morning and I got to enjoy a cold sunrise over the country side.

Incidentally, she didn't get "rescued" from her lack of preparation. It cost Rebekah 5 marbles for the trip to school; it takes 10 marbles to earn a special activity. I think she got to school before her siblings! (I'm STILL in my pajamas.)

No comments:

Post a Comment