Monday, January 10, 2011

Twinkie Bliss

Sarah got her first taste of Twinkie today. Or should I say Twinkie Heaven? She nearly went into a Twinkie Coma while she was eating her treat. (I only gave her about a half...maybe a little more.)

She had both little chubby hands on the spongy flesh of the snack cake and was forcing it into her mouth. Unfortunately, Twinkie physics teaches us that the structure of the moist, sweet bread, filled with a white, sugary cream will not withstand such pressure and becomes a very sticky, greasy, mushy mess that clings to the skin and clothes of the eater, as well as whomever is holding the eater!

It was about this time that the buzz of the Twinkie was hitting Sarah's brain and she would grunt at me if I tried to hold any of the clumps that were beginning to fall from her fists. It seemed she was just sucking the sugar right from the goo! Occasionally, she would look up at me and give me a white and yellow, gluttonous grin - then go back to her binging.

It was a relief to me when I was finally able to wash her up. I am thankful for soap.

It seemed to be an unusually short sugar high and less than 5 minutes after she finished nearly overdosing on Twinkie, she was crankier than normal and a little bossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment