Friday, January 07, 2011

My new toy

I got a fun toy for Christmas. Chad got me a Silhouette SD after I mentioned I was trying to win one online (though I knew my chances were impossible).

It's like a Cricut, but doesn't use cartridges and can use the fonts from my computer. It can cut vinyl, paper, vellum, etc. I can download new designs from their website. I can save the things I want to cut to an SD card and use the cutter without connecting to the computer. It can use pens and draw the designs instead of cutting them. I haven't got those yet. :)

So Joseph and I cut some snowflakes earlier this week

and decorated the kitchen cupboards.


I cut out several hearts in different sizes. (Valentine's Day is coming, you know.)

One of the included designs was a box. I made several tiny ones. Those were fun. :)
The cutter came with a $10 download card. I spent $1 on a temple design. That was a really neat one!
Now I just have to dream up some fun projects!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds like all kinds of fun! I'm dreaming up project for you. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want one of those too! I love the Temple. And for only $1! I have some projects to do and it would be so much easier with one of my own. I cant wait to see all the fun stuff you make with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the kids design a snowflake for me to hang on the tree. Maybe a valentine for February. this is a kids tree and I want all the kids to participate. Those you made look AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete