Monday, December 14, 2009

Failing to lose

I don't know if I should feel bad about starting to publicly record my weight-loss attempts the week of Halloween and suffering the humiliation of failure for the whole holiday season, or just be glad that there is some accounting for it - which may be helping to at least keep me steady through to the new year.

And I don't know if I should complain about the treats that we have received or say, "Thanks! Keep them coming!" Honestly, the goodie plates are one of the anticipated Christmas traditions for me. It's too bad I know so many people with good recipes!

And eating out with two different company Christmas parties hasn't helped. No wonder New Year's Resolutions happen AFTER Christmas! Wouldn't it be self-sabotage if they were Thanksgiving Resolutions?

I guess I could be grateful for the extra layers of insulation as it has been extra cold this month. Too bad I've "shot myself in the foot" with this approach; I can't zip up my coat! Arrrgh!

1 comment: