Friday, October 24, 2008

Speed Scrap

I was out for a bit this evening and got home just in time for Chad to run to the church to help set up for tomorrow's Halloween Carnival. I sat down to nurse Joseph and check email when I happened upon a speed scrap at one of my regular digital scrapbooking haunts.


A speed scrap (for those of you who don't know) comes in two parts. The first part is when an instruction for building your layout is given in regular intervals (one rule every 10-15 minutes). After all the instructions have been given...this is usually the first hour...you then have another hour (or whatever the instructor has chosen) to finish your LO and upload it to the site.


When I logged into the site, there were 45 minutes to go. I surprised myself by getting Joseph to bed and being able to get the LO posted in time. Forty-five minutes may seem like a long time, but you'd be surprised how quickly it passes! Anyway, this is what I ended up with. It's simple, but I was pressed for time! :)



Here were our instructions:

Instruction #1 Find three photos and crop them into 3 equal long skinny rectangles.

Instruction #2 Align the 3 skinny RECTANGLES together into a squar-ish shape (I say squarish because I know it won't be a perfect square). Then place them off center on your page and stitch them down.

Instruction #3 You must use the color orange on your LO. It can be on the BG paper, an element, a flower, a title, anything.

Instruction #4 Use journal strips on your page and use a "not so common" font on them. Like not century, times, etc. Download something fun! Cool font site: http://www.dafont.com/

Instruction #5 Use wordart on your layout. It can be any type, purchased or homemade.

Instruction #6 Use string on your page. (can be twine or fiber too) Ribbon does not count.

FINAL Instruction: Date and Title your LO. Any way you want! Then you have until 11:15 EST to post your LO to the Speed Scrap Gallery. Please include SS or Speed Scrap and the date 10-23-08 in your title. And post to this forum thread. (I think I only missed this last detail of actually putting a title on my LO. Hopefully, no one will notice!)

It was nice to sit at the computer after working on Halloween costumes so much today. Unfortunately, that's where I ended up again after playing along in the speed scrap! *sigh*

2 comments:

  1. that is a good one. We should try it on our blog. But I dont know when everyone could do it at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about the Halloween costumes!

    ReplyDelete